Dad’s Secret Sandwich Sauce
Great condiment for the holidays. Spread heavily on your turkey sub sandwiches, using a crusted baguette for the bread. It’s so easy to make.
- 30 oz. jar of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- Alternative: See Make your own Mayonnaise
- 5.5 oz jar of Dick’s Horseradish
- 6 Tablespoons of Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 entire head of fresh squeezed Garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of White Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of table salt (optional – add last to taste)
Mix all the ingredients (except the salt) listed above into a mixing bowl. Blend with an immersion mixer or blender. Beat well. Taste and add salt if needed, since all the other ingredients have a salty taste.) Pour into a jar or ideally, a squeeze bottle. Squeeze or spread onto bread before adding meats, cheese, tomato, lettuce and anything else except for any other spread. This is the only one you’ll need. Keep refrigerated.